1. Print out the FREE Herdy Beach Buddy cutting template.
2. Cut out two of the swimsuit body paper shapes and pin them to the fabric as shown.
3. Cut out in felt as pictured.
4. Pin the two pieces together and sew around the outer edges. Remember to leave a gap for Little Herdy’s tail.
5. Pin the neckline of the swimsuit and sew as shown.
6. Thread thin elastic through the neckline, and pull so the neck is gathered.
7. Turn the swimsuit the right way round, and put it onto Little Herdy.
8. Cut out the paper flower shapes from the template, place on felt and cut out in felt as shown. It may be easier to draw around them first if you are finding it tricky. Set the flowers to one side.
9. Cut out the paper bathing cap template as shown.
10. Pin then sew the middle seam line to create a curve in Little Herdy’s bathing cap.
11. Sew one half of the snap fastener onto the bathing cap.
12. Making sure you have the second snap fastener in the right place, sew the second part of the fasteners on.
13. Take your felt flowers and pin them onto the bathing cap.
14. Sew the felt flowers onto the bathing cap with a simple cross-stitch in the centre of the flower.
15. Cut out two of the swim ring paper templates.
16. Pin the two pieces together.
17. Sew around the inner ring then the outer ring as shown; make sure you leave a gap so you can fill the ring with stuffing.
18. Stuff the ring with stuffing. If you use a pencil to poke the stuffing in it helps to get it all the way around.
19. Pin the gap, then sew closed as shown.
20. Clip-on Little Herdy’s bathing cap, then fit his “swimming ring” around him, and you’re done!
Surf’s up! Ewe’ve just made Little Herdy a swimsuit, ready to be your beach buddy this summer.
What colours did ewe choose for your beach buddy Herdy? Show us your swimsuit Herdy on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or email us.